I'm going to cheat a little and steal an idea from another fellow blogger (pixie ears) and write about something that inspires me. Music. I absolutely love music. I love to sing and harmonize and move to the rhythm. Music fills just about every part of me when I hear it. Well, as long as it's the right music. I can appreciate all kinds of musical styles, but there are some styles that touch me deeper than others. Third Day, for example, is one group that I don't believe I will ever get tired of. Their sound is different from other Christian bands. Unfortunately, Christian artists are given a certain stereotype. They are made out to be un-talented, or they have that typical "Christian" sound. I beg to disagree and Third Day, I believe, confirms my opinion. For a few years now, I've been playing a little guitar. And I stress the word LITTLE. I can play a few songs pretty well, but I'm no expert. I enjoy learning more and practicing and hearing others play. I find it fascinating and inspiring to watch another person play guitar and reveal such passion for it. I have a passion for music, for art, for creating. I have only met one person so far in my life who does not like music. I found it very hard to believe and a little disappointing. However, save this one person, I find that music is one thing that the majority of people have in common. We may not all find the same music enjoyable, but we love what we love, and that's truly inspiring to me.
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
The "I have only met one person in my life so far who does not like music" made me laugh. (I hope we're thinking of the same person and there aren't TWO non-music lovers out there! ha ha That would be a tragedy!)
2 comments:
The "I have only met one person in my life so far who does not like music" made me laugh. (I hope we're thinking of the same person and there aren't TWO non-music lovers out there! ha ha That would be a tragedy!)
~ Em
Keep On Rockin' For Jesus!!!
Post a Comment