Saturday, August 22, 2009
First Sale
My friend and I recently submitted paintings to a local museum. We attended the opening last night and had a blast. There was music, dancing, and food. Guests were allowed to walk through the gallery and admire the artwork, as well as bid silently on the art pieces that we submitted. The gallery itself contains American Art, but local artists were given the opportunity to submit a work of art themselves. We were given a small 10"x 10" canvas to let our creative juices flow. We also agreed to allow our art pieces to be up for auction at the show, receiving no profit ourselves. All proceeds would go to the museum if the piece was sold. I am happy to say that my painting, as well as my friend's painting, both sold! Even though we didn't get the money ourselves, we can still say that we finally sold our first painting! Below is my piece titled: Manipulation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yay! You're back! Congrats on your first sale! What's funny is I first read the title of this post as "fish scale." I thought it sounded strange considering the painting didn't look like it had anything to do with fish or the ocean. :)
SO proud of you my dear! We did it! Great job can't wait for more "sales". Maybe next time we can feed our starving artist fund! :) Much love!
Oooh. A new blog post. And, all about a lovely painting no less. I love this piece, by the way. You are fabulous.
Post a Comment