Thursday, August 31, 2006

A week in the Red Rocks

I recently returned from an amazing, may I repeat amazing trip to Arizona! My sister and I took a well deserved vacation across the country, stayed at a beautiful resort, and explored our way around Sedona. Every day was packed full of activities and places to go, from tourist shops, a Pink Jeep Tour, a western dinner show, a Grand Canyon tour, a helicopter ride....and yeah there's more. I will gradually post more pictures to share my week with you. This picture is of Bell Rock. We could see this rock in perfect view from our resort balcony. The landscape was gorgeous! I was amazed by God's creation and attempted to soak it all in. As much as I love photography, the pictures just don't do it justice. I wanted to capture it all and 500 pictures later, I still couldn't grasp the fascinating beauty of this place. Every day, we were continually impressed and felt so incredibly small. The red rock appeared to go on and on forever. God is so big!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Hmmm...I think the thing that I would love to do again would be the helicopter ride. It was just amazing being right above the mountains, over areas that we might not have hiked into. It was a totally different experience than being in a plane. But I also have to say that I'd want to go to the western dinner theater again too. Heather and I met the nicest people. It was such a unique experience to chat with people we didn't know and learn so much about them in just a few hours. It was so fun.
And the thing I wouldn't do again?
I wouldn't fail to buy another memory card for my camera before we left CT :) They were too expensive in AZ, so I didn't buy one while we were there. I totally had enough pictures, but I would have wanted to just keep snapping and snapping and snapping. And I guess I did. I mean...come on, I took 500 pictures! :) That was definitely enough.